Re: postgres server failure during some database opearion

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: postgres server failure during some database opearion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Surabhi Ahuja wrote:
> I have a query regarding, the postgres Sever failure, for eg say  i
> am parsng a file and inserting rows into a table. Now while this
> opeartion is taking place the server crashes, or say the power goes
> off, or say someone kills the postmaster demon.

Any rows you have committed (and received a successful result code for)
should still be there. Any rows you haven't committed will not be.

> what happens to the rows that have been inserted till now? can we get
> a status of how many rows have been installed or not?

You can always do SELECT count(*) FROM my_table to see how many rows are
in it.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd