Re: Bad query optimizer misestimation because of TOAST

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Bad query optimizer misestimation because of TOAST
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane schrieb:
> Markus Schaber <schabios@logi-track.com> writes:
>> [Query optimizer misestimation using lossy GIST on TOASTed columns]
>
> What I would be inclined to do is to extend ANALYZE to make an estimate
> of the extent of toasting of every toastable column, and then modify
> cost_qual_eval to charge a nonzero cost for evaluation of Vars that are
> potentially toasted.

What to do now? To fix this issue seems to be a rather long-term job.

Is it enough to document workarounds (as in PostGIS), provided that
there are such workarounds for other GIST users?

Is there a bug tracking system we could file the problem, so it does not
get lost?

Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Вложения