Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released

От Jean-Paul Argudo
Тема Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>
>>> Pgpool 2.5b2 supports "master slave mode" which can cope with
>>> master/slave replication softwares such as Slony-I. In this mode
>>> pgpool sends non SELECT queries to master only. SELECTs are load
>>> balanced by pgpool.

First of all, thanks so much Tatsuo for such a great project!

> This is incredible! I definitely did wait for this and some people at
> the Solutions Linux here in Paris did ask about it. Too bad that I
> didn't read this earlier, it would have made their day.

Don't worry!

On Feb 2nd, when we saw both Tatsuo did move his pgpool to pgfoundry, I
downloaded the tarball, and played all the night with it, so on Feb 3rd
(yep, last day, too bad), I gave back the info all the day on it to the
people with the kind of problems pgpool and/or slony can resolve.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org