Re: Error in trigger after upgrading to 8.0.1?

От Andrey V. Semyonov
Тема Re: Error in trigger after upgrading to 8.0.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

> I have just upgraded to 8.0.1 from 7.4.6 and now my triggers doesn't
> work. When I insert a row in a table that has an insert trigger, I get
> the following error msg:
>
> ERROR:  INSERT is not allowed in a non-volatile function
>

> What does this mean?

That is highly documented in the PGSQL 8.0 documentation. That exactly
means that a function that is not VOLATILE (such as STABLE, IMMUTABLE)
can't make any changes in tables (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). For such
operations, it MUST be VOLATILE. So, re-create (or REPLACE) your
functions, that do make any changes in tables with VOLATILE option set up.

Best regards,
    Andrey V. Semyonov