Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>pgpool 2.5 has the capabilty to perform periodical health checking to
>>PostgreSQL.
>>

>Since pgpool has this capability, how about including a hook that allows a
>script to be run when pgpool detects a problem with the master?  That would
>allow action to be taken to investigate further and, if required, switchover
>or failover and promote the slave to master.

Because it is not the place of a connection management software
to failover. Failover should happen only if:

1. You have a specific set of criteria that is matched via a network/system
management software.

2. You do it yourself.

The last thing in the world you need is to fail over to a slave because
somebody accidently tripped over a network cord.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Julian Scarfe

Вложения

От: Tope Akinniyi
Сообщение: REPLICATION Solution for WINDOWS OS
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: REPLICATION Solution for WINDOWS OS