Re: how to release a transaction lock on a table?

От Si Chen
Тема Re: how to release a transaction lock on a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  Sorry about the confusion in terminology.

You are right.  The transactions are idle--when I do a "ps auxw" on my
database server, I see "....idle in transaction".  Is this what you
meant, and would the steps you talked about with pg_stat_activity help
me track down the transactions that are idle?

What's strange is that usually this does not cause problems.  It is just
occasionally that I am unable to gain access to a table.  Unfortunately
that also makes it hard to track down the source of the problem.

Thanks for all your help so far--really appreciate it.

Si