Re: I am not sure this is a bug but I request help

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I am not sure this is a bug but I request help
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bulent Potur <bpotur@ttnet.net.tr> writes:
> [bpotur@bpntbk bpotur]$ postgres -s
> FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize DateStyle to "ISO, MDY"

>  The platform is [gelecek kurumsal linux] (a fedora v2 clone in Turkish)

Turkish?  Are you using a Turkish locale?  If so this is probably the
infamous I/i problem.  I believe we've got that fixed for 8.0, but there
isn't any simple solution in older versions ... other than not using
Turkish LC_CTYPE which you probably won't be happy with either.  Search
the PG archives to see the workarounds people have used ("turkish"
should be a good search keyword).