Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>
>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>>I think the real answer is something more along the lines of
>>>"don't run two copies of pgAdmin at once".
>

>>He might not be. pgAdmin uses a master connection (normally to
>>template1) and one connection to each database browsed (minus the master
>>connection which is reused). However, each SQL Query window opened will
>>also open a new connection to the currently selected database, which is
>>what might have happened in this case. Of course, the easy answer is to
>>close any SQL windows in template1 as well...
>

> Hmm.  Would it be possible to teach pgAdmin to close extra connections
> to template1 whenever it's doing CREATE DATABASE?

If those connections were guaranteed to be idle, we wouldn't need them.
They are independent windows, so we can't kill the conn.

Regards,
Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open
Сообщение: Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open