DB Crash, recoverable?

От Michael Guerin
Тема DB Crash, recoverable?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi All,

   Our database just reset and now I'm getting Errors in the log and I
would like to know if this is recoverable.  Here's the segment of the
log right before and after it reset.

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
ERROR:  type "t" already exists
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "create temp table tmp_children ( uniqid bigint, memberid bigint, membertype varchar(50),
owneridsmallint, tag varchar(50), level int4 )"
    PL/pgSQL function "fngetcompositeids2" line 14 at SQL statement
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570
FATAL:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570
LOG:  server process (PID 5834) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because
anotherserver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 2449707570....

This has happened in the past, however the only way I know to fix it is
a dump and restore.

=> select version();
                                   version
 PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta5 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.2
(1 row)

Thanks
Michael