Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alex Turner wrote:
> As I read the docs, a temp table doesn't solve our problem, as it does
> not persist between sessions.  With a web page there is no guarentee
> that you will receive the same connection between requests, so a temp
> table doesn't solve the problem.  It looks like you either have to
> create a real table (which is undesirable becuase it has to be
> physicaly synced, and TTFB will be very poor) or create an application
> tier in between the web tier and the database tier to allow data to
> persist between requests tied to a unique session id.
>
> Looks like the solutions to this problem is not RDBMS IMHO.

It's less the RDBMS than the web application. You're trying to mix a
stateful setup (the application) with a stateless presentation layer
(the web). If you're using PHP (which doesn't offer a "real" middle
layer) you might want to look at memcached.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd