Re: Output HTML, or just a handle?

От Alexander Borkowski
Тема Re: Output HTML, or just a handle?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Rodolfo,

> Looking for "best practices" here. I've just seen that psql can output a
> query to an HTML file. [...] Or is it recommended to just run the bare query, then use PHP on my
> webpage to loop through the resulting output table handle and create the
> table there? [...]

Depends on your application really and without more information there is
  nothing else I can say. For the vast majority of scenarios you
probably are better off using PHP (or some other language like Python,
Perl, Java, C, ...) and just loop through the result set. For PHP have a
look at

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php

Cheers,

Alex