Re: PGResultSetMetaData

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: PGResultSetMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

>>>(Kris, any reason why PGResultSetMetadata does not extend
>>>ResultSetMetadata?)
>

> By ResultSetMetadata I assume you mean java.sql.ResultSetMetadata.  The
> problem with having PGResultSetMetadata extend that interface is which
> one would you end up extending?  The JDBC1, JDBC2, JDBC3 or JDBC4
> version?

Whichever one you're building against.. they're all called
java.sql.ResultSetMetadata.

The reason I ask is that the current scheme is a little awkward to use
if you want to use both the standard and extra interface methods. Either
you need two variables providing different interface views on the same
object, or you do a lot of casting.

-O