Re: PGResultSetMetaData

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: PGResultSetMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Leo,

Here is the documentation of the interface

/**
     * Returns the underlying table name of query result, or ""
     * if it is unable to be determined.
     *
     * @since 8.0
     */
    public String getBaseTableName(int column) throws SQLException;

    /**
     * Returns the underlying table name of query result, or ""
     * if it is unable to be determined.
     *
     * @since 8.0
     */
    public String getBaseSchemaName(int column) throws SQLException;

So I'm guessing your query makes it difficult to find the table names
and the schema names.

What is your query?

Dave

leo wrote:

>Chris Smith:
>

>>   ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(...);
>>   ResultSetMetaData rmd = rs.getMetaData();
>>
>>   String table = rmd.getTableName(1);
>>   String schema = rmd.getSchemaName(1);
>>

>Does this really work?
>
>Using Postgres 8 i am getting empty strings from both methods.

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336