problems importing a dbf file - dbf2pg broken?

От Andy Bernat
Тема problems importing a dbf file - dbf2pg broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Greetings,
I'm trying to import a dbf file into postgresql (ver. 7.4.5, running
under SuSE 9.0).  It's too large to load into a spreadsheet and export
(2million + records).  I've tried dbf2pg but,  while it handles the text
columns correctly,  it is very confused by the numeric columns: It
claims the values are invalid but they are fine, at least the first 30
thousand import fine into a spreadsheet.  I've also tried creating an
ascii version with dbfreader.py and importing that but this program
doesn't convert the text fields correctly and randomly reaaranges the
columns.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Andy.