Re: pg_clog problem (PG version 7.4.5)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_clog problem (PG version 7.4.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Buttafuoco wrote:

>hackers,
>
>I am having a problem with table (identified by pg_dump).  I get the follow error when I try to COPY the table to
>stdout (or /dev/null).
>
>DB=# copy rnk to '/dev/null';
>ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 1076101119
>DETAIL:  could not open file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0402": No such file or directory
>
>Pg version is
>select version();
>                                             version
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-6sarge1)
>
>I do have a good backup from the day before, if needed.  is there a magic command to get me out of this?

You could try creating that file by writing a bunch of zeros to it, for
example:

Shutdown PostgreSQL
Then run the following command in $PGDATA/pg_clog
dd bs=8K count=1 if=/dev/zero of=<filename>

Where the filename is the name of the file missing.

No promises though.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Thanks
>Jim

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Вложения

От: "Jim Buttafuoco"
Сообщение: Re: pg_clog problem (PG version 7.4.5)
От: "Jim Buttafuoco"
Сообщение: Re: pg_clog problem (PG version 7.4.5)