Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Steve Wampler
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> Le Jeudi 20 Janvier 2005 16:23, Dave Cramer a écrit :
>
>>Google uses something called the google filesystem, look it up in
>>google. It is a distributed file system.
>

> Yes that's another point I'm working on ... make a cluster of server using
> GFS ... and making PostgreSQL running with it ...

A few years ago I played around with GFS, but not for postgresql.

I don't think it's going to help - logically there's no difference
between putting PG on GFS and putting PG on NFS - in both cases
the filesystem doesn't provide any support for distributing the
task at hand - and a PG database server isn't written to be
distributed across hosts regardless of the distribution of the
data across filesystems.

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu