Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
You can *not* go from any major release to another major release using
any kind of file backup. Please use pg_dump.

Additionally there are known issues dumping and restoring from 7.3 ->
7.4 if you use the default copy command. Use the pg_dump --inserts option.

I would still tar the directory just in case you *have* to fall back to
7.3 for some reason (Better safe than sorry )

Dave

Richard Huxton wrote:

> amrit@health2.moph.go.th wrote:
>
>> I would like to upgrade both OS kernel and PGsql version , so in my
>> opinion the
>> best way to handle it is to *backup* the data in .tar
>

> Just remember if you're going from 7.3.2 => 7.4.x or 8.0 then you'll
> need to use pg_dump not just tar up the directories. If you do use
> tar, remember to backup *all* the directories.
>
> --
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

> your