Re: Swapping on Solaris

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Swapping on Solaris
Дата
Re: Swapping on Solaris  (Alan Stange <stange@rentec.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Kevin Schroeder wrote:

> Ignoring the fact that the sort and vacuum numbers are really high, this
> is what Solaris shows me when running top:
>
> Memory: 2048M real, 1376M free, 491M swap in use, 2955M swap free

Maybe check the swap usage with 'swap -l' which reports reliably if any
(device or file) swap is actually used.

I think Solaris 'top' does some strange accounting to calculate the
'swap in use' value (like including used memory).

It looks to me like you are using no (device or file) swap at all, and
have 1.3G of real memory free, so could in fact give Postgres more of it :-)

regards

Mark

От: "Kevin Schroeder"
Сообщение: Swapping on Solaris
От: amrit@health2.moph.go.th
Сообщение: Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql