Re: Wish for an option to close a DB

От Alexander Borkowski
Тема Re: Wish for an option to close a DB
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

> we've got often the problem that we were working on a database just to drop
> it afrerwarts and recreate it from the current developement schema. However
> postgres denies to drop a DB until all sessions are closed. Since we were
> working on it and pgAdmin has no db-specific option (or did we just oversee
> it) to close a specific DB, we have to close the whole connection. This is
> bad.
> I whish myself an option in the context menu to detach a db.

I second that wish. Here is what I found useful as a workaround: If you
select the "Databases" item in the treeview and do a refresh (via
hitting F5 or from the context menu item), pgAdmin will close all
connections to that server _except_ for the one connection to the
initial database for that server, i.e. you only have to disconnect if
you drop the database listed as being the one pgAdmin connects to by
default when connecting to this particular server.

Cheers,

Alex