Bug: Transaction still open after error when autocommit=true

От Daniel Migowski
Тема Bug: Transaction still open after error when autocommit=true
Дата
Re: Bug: Transaction still open after error when autocommit=true
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

There is a problem with the JDBC 3 driver for PostgreSQL 9.1 (and maybe others, but the 8.3 drivers don’t show this bug):

If I send a statement with a BEGIN token and something that fails, the database connection stays in “transaction error” mode, even if autocommit is on! This should not be if I read the specs, especially because in autocommit mode doing a rollback() throws an exception!

A small demo for the bug is attached.

Thanks for your great work btw.!

Regards,

Daniel Migowski