Re: Is CVS HEAD open for 8.1 commits?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Is CVS HEAD open for 8.1 commits?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> Maybe he said that, but I see no evidence that he's tagged 8.0.0
>>> correctly.  If you touch the repository you'll make it materially
>>> harder to fix this.  So HOLD OFF, please.
>>

>> Too late, sorry.  Marc says the 8.0.0 is a tag and a branch.
>

> Note that REL8_0_STABLE is the tag/branch ... HEAD should be clear to
> commit to ... the error that Tom was eluding to was that I had
> mis-named the original branch as REL8_0_0, instead of REL8_0_STABLE
> ... if someone knows how to safely remove a branch that has had no
> commits made to it, please let me know, but from reading the docs, the
> suggestions that seemed to be suggested had very big *BEWARE* signs
> around them ...
>
> tags are easy to move around and remove, branches, apparently, aren't
> so simple ...

Quite so. Only by direct hacking on the ,v files, AFAIK - i.e. NOT
something to be done except in dire emergency. As long as nobody commits
to the branch is there any harm done by leaving it there? I presume all
the committers know which branch they should be committing to (and also
that most other than Tom only rarely commit to anything other than HEAD)

cheers

andrew

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Is CVS HEAD open for 8.1 commits?
От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: psql 8.0 final not working on NT 4.0sp6