How to detect NULL in VarChar (C function)

От Benno Pütz
Тема How to detect NULL in VarChar (C function)
Дата
Re: How to detect NULL in VarChar (C function)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
I try to write a function that combines two varchar columns.

Now the problem arose that (either) one of te columns may contain a NULL
value, in which case the return value seems to become NULL.

I have not been able to find a description of how to detect NULL values
in VarChar variables passed to C-functions to catch those cases.

Any help will be appreciated
   Benno