Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Miles Keaton wrote:

>I'm sorry if there's a URL out there answering this, but I couldn't find it.
>
>For those of us that need the best performance possible out of a
>dedicated dual-CPU PostgreSQL server, what is recommended?
>
>AMD64/Opteron or i386/Xeon?

AMD64/Opteron

>Linux or FreeBSD or _?_

This is a religious question :)

>I'm assuming hardware RAID 10 on 15k SCSI drives is fastest disk performance.

And many, many disks -- yes.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Any hardware-comparison benchmarks out there showing the results for
>different PostgreSQL setups?
>
>Thanks!

Вложения

От: Miles Keaton
Сообщение: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?
От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?