Re: MySQL 5 comparison

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: MySQL 5 comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>

>>Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

>>>We used PostgreSQL 8.0 RC3 and MySQL Debian packages (MySQL *4.0.22*).
>>>OS: Debian Linux on Amd Athlon.
>>>

>>Might be worth re-doing with Mysql 5.0.2 - just in case they have fixed
>>the issues you found.
>>

> It might also be worth redoing using PreparedStatements on the JDBC side
> to see what kind of performance boost that will give.
>
> Kris Jurka

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

This was just a very brief test to get an impression.
A lot can be improved.
I did not want to use prepared statements because MySQL simply doesn't
provide it. The idea is: If prepared statements are desired they should
be put into the SQL files which are executed - the benchmarking software
itself is a stupid as possible (it is not a JDBC benchmark; all it does
is starting threads and executing any kind of SQL).

We decided to use the RC3 because 8.0 will be out shortly and we don't
expect heavy changes anymore. So you can call this beta test.

While doing the test I got the impression that MySQL has bugs in their
production system PostgreSQL doesn't even have in a random CVS checkout.

    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria

Сообщение: Re: Technical question for a journalist
Сообщение: Re: Technical question for a journalist