Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] More SSL questions..

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] More SSL questions..
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] More SSL questions..  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

>>I think CSIDL_APPDDATA is probably the way to go, but one of the heavy
>>Windows hitters will know better than I do.
>

> Now that I look at it, there are several places that are depending on
> getenv("HOME") or getenv("USERPROFILE") (on Windows) as the meaning of
> "home directory".  In particular ~/.pgpass is sought there, and psql
> also uses get_home_path in a lot of places.
>
> Seems like we should be consistent about this --- either we trust $HOME
> or we don't.

more fun.  I just checked the environment of the postmaster service on a
win2000 Pro system (using www.sysinternals.com's excellent Process Explorer
tool, btw).   HOME is not set.  USERPROFILE is set to "C:\Documents and
Settings\postgres"...

For services that are running as 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM', the profile is
"C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" (and the USERDOMAIN and USERNAME
aren't set at all)...

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] More SSL questions..
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] More SSL questions..