Re: [PERFORM] Postgres version change - pg_dump

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Postgres version change - pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Sarlav,

>  From what I understand, I need to execute the pg_dump command from the
> new server( so that it will use the 7.4.6 version), but connect to the
> old DB. Am I right?

Basically.

The truth is Sarlav, that any pg_dump version before the new 8.0 version
is likely to have errors restoring.  You should restore the dump like this:

psql -f dump.sql database

And then when you get errors, you will see the line number of the error.
  Then you can edit the dump to fix it.

Chris