Arbitrary displays of power

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Arbitrary displays of power
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> There, quick change ... done ... back to running on the master server
> @ EV1 ...

Woah there cowboy! You are going to just arbitrarily move archives
without consent
of the web team because the company providing the hosting for archives
doesn't
want advertising for their own company on the site?

So let me understand, Hub doesn't get to make money off of Command
Prompt's services
that it provides for the community? So the owner of Hub just redirects
the traffic?

That seems completely wrong to me.

To be clear, my primary complaint was not the hosting of archives.
Command Prompt is
happy to host the archives and almost any other service the community
wishes. I don't think
anyone on this list thought my complaint was the hosting of archives. My
primary complaint
was there seemed zero reason for the Google ads.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>>> Also, let me be specific here. My complaint is with paid banners
>>> mostly. They seem completely unneeded. If we want to leave banners
>>> to those who contribute then I would not raise a fuss.
>>

>> Most of the banners there are free banners ... there are 3 or 4 that
>> are paid, and they are paid for a year ... probably about 6 months
>> left or so, and there haven't been any new ones added in ages ...
>>
>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>> (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
>> 7615664

>> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
>> your
>>     joining column's datatypes do not match
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things
Сообщение: Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things