Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]
Дата
Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-www

>>The elephant in the announcement box on the front page is a licensed
>>derivative work of a royalty free image, and Emily Boyd grants the
>>PostgreSQL Global Development Group the right to use said
>>image on the
>>postgresql.org website.
>>
>>---
>>
>>Use by PostgreSQL International sites is possible, but a right to use
>>must be granted by Emily Boyd for each licensee, as per the
>>terms of the
>>original license on the image.
>>

>All the work you have committed has been to a CVS clearly marked as BSD
>Licence on the project website. That is the licence under which you have
>donated the code and design that it produces. Or have I misunderstood
>what you are saying?

What I am seeing in this discussion is that want to keep exclusive
rights to the original image but that all the code is BSD licensed.

My basic take on this is simple:

It is going to be too much of a pain in the butt. If that is the
route they are going to be take then I will have my artist create a new
elephant from scratch that we will be BSD licensed and copyright to the
project.

We don't want to have to deal with this later.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Regards, Dave.

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]
От: Omar Kilani
Сообщение: Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]