Re: Postgres version change - pg_dump

От Stefan Weiss
Тема Re: Postgres version change - pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
sarlav kumar wrote, On 2004-12-20 15:40:
> I would like to do a pg_dump on the test database, and restore it in
> the new database on Postgres 7.4.6. I would like to know if there
> would be any problem due to the postgres version/OS change. If so,
> could someone tell me what precautions I can take to avoid any
> problems?

Apart from using the pg_dump from 7.4.6 (see Bruno's answer), you should
take care to use the same locale in the new database cluster. I have had
problems in the past with unique constraints that could not be restored
due to different locale settings. See here:

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/pgsql/msg05363.html

In my case it was not enough to create the database with a different
encoding, I had to re-initdb the whole cluster :-/

cheers,
stefan

Сообщение: Re: Postgres version change - pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: Postgres version change - pg_dump