Re: can't get the order I want after inserting new rows

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: can't get the order I want after inserting new rows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Marcus Claesson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with getting the order I want on a table after new rows
> have been inserted. I try to simplify it...:

> In other words, I have this old table:
> SELECT * from table ORDER BY full,part;
>
> name    full    part    score
> ----    ---     ---     -----
> a       1       1       900
> a       1       2       500

> and I insert these rows into the same table:
> (there's nothing I can do about these 'full' values)
>
> d       1       1       1000
> d       1       2       400

> And after some manipulation (that I hope someone can help me with) I
> want the query above (SELECT * from table ORDER BY full,part) to give
> this:
>
> d       1       1       1000
> d       1       2       400
> a       2       1       900

Just looking at the start of your output, you are missing some rows
(a/1/1) and have replaced others (a/2/1 isn't in your data).

Are you trying to summarise, and if so by what?
Can you explain how you would do this by hand.
Could you provide the actual table definition?

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: