Re: function returning a row

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: function returning a row
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kjetil Haaland wrote:
> this i have done, i can return a single value of my own type from the
> function. So now i am wondering, is it possible to return a set of my type?
> If it is possible, how do i do that?

I haven't followed this thread from the beginning, but if I understand
correctly, you have a custom scalar type, and you want to return a set
of that type? You should be able to declare the function with
  "RETURNS setof alignres", and then implement it as an SRF. See for
example normal_rand() in contrib/tablefunc.

Joe