Re: problems with debian+gnome2.2+pgadmin3

От Raphaël Enrici
Тема Re: problems with debian+gnome2.2+pgadmin3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
andre farias a écrit :

> hi there!

Hi André,

> i'm having problems in a debian box running gnome 2.2

> i´ve installed pgadmin3 and when i try to execute it at the console
> prompt ít gives me the following message "GTK cannot open display".

Please, can you precise which pgAdmin III version you are running and if
you are using a Debian package or a self build? If using a package can
you precise the version of the package (dpkg -l pgadmin3 should suffice)?

> if i try to execute it through the shortcut in the gnome desktop
> nothing happens (the application doesn't appear and no message is shown).
> if someone could help me it would be great.

So, I'm gonna try ;)

I suppose you did the "mandatory" checks ?
Do other apps launch ok?
what gives echo $DISPLAY?
what if you launch a gnome-terminal from the terminal you just opened?
can you provide a log file with the strace of the pgadmin3 launch?
$ script pipo.log
then
$ strace -f pgadmin3
....<bla bla bla>
$ exit

Gzip the file and send it to us, that may help to figure out what's
going on.

Regards,
Raphaël