Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:
> I sent him a driver that was recompiled with MAX_BUFFERED_QUERIES = 1 and
> he still appears to be having some problems, but I have no idea where.

I wonder if he is doing one transaction per batch update loop or
something similar. If there's a bottleneck on the server side that's
related to the number of updates in a transaction (deferred constraints
or something similar?) then that could explain some of the behaviour.
Don't know why changing MAX_BUFFERED_QUERIES would change things at all
if that's the case, though.

-O