Re: alter table bug

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: alter table bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ivan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found a bug in PgAdminIII 1.2.0 (Nov 29 2004) for Win XP
>
> I open the table properties diaog,
> suppose that in a columns tab i have the
> column "description" of type text.
> I click remove button, then add a column
> with name "description" and type varchar,
> set the length of this fiels 256.
>
> When I open SQL tab i see folowing text
>
> ALTER TABLE test ADD COLUMN description varchar(256);
> ALTER TABLE test DROP COLUMN description;
>
> - changes are in wrong order!!!!

This results from the internal mechanism of dropped column detection. I
wonder if it's worth redesigning the stuff to avoid this quite rare
situations (which can be avoided easily by doing it in two steps).

> P.S. It would be great if snapshot page
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32
> works again.

see http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/snapshots/win32
There are quite some hosting problems a the moment.

Regards,
Andreas