Re: postgresql and javascript

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: postgresql and javascript
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoffrey wrote:

> Chris Smith wrote:
>
>> RobertD.Stewart@ky.gov wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know how to connect  javascript to a postgresql
>>> database
>>

>> You can't connect javascript to any sort of database.
>

> Actually you can, with server side javascript, although I don't know
> if it supports postgresql.  It does support odbc.

Javascript is simply designed for lightweight scripting against a
pre-existing object set provided by the host program.  The quick answer
is that you will need to look for documentation in the program you are
using.  I think that Mozilla used to have an optional add-in for
PostgreSQL support, but it doesn't look like it has been maintained in a
while.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting