Re: How can I recovery old Data from files and folders

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: How can I recovery old Data from files and folders
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:

>I got some problem on PostgreSQL 8 for windows so I uninstall and
>reinstall it again. Before I uninstall PostgreSQL 8 I already backup all
>files and folders (copy all to other place).
>
>The problem is how can I restore by use files and folders that I
>already backup. If I try to restore by put all of it back it will be
>make a same error. I just want to restore only DATA (databases,
>functions, views, users, group etc).
>
> Please suggest me that How can I recovery old Data from files and
>folders on windows?

PostgreSQL does not work like that. You should have backed up using
pg_dump before uninstalling. File system backup won't work across
catalog versions. In fact, your best bet is probably to reinstall the
old version so you can start the server and run pg_dump.

cheers

andrew