Exception on connect

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Exception on connect
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi all,

I've installed the new release of PgAdmin, but it falls over when I
try to connect to the local server. I'm running WinXP Pro, and am
still on PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 1.

PgAdmin starts up normally, and then I double-click on the server to
connect. I enter the password in the dialog box, and and this point
it crashes. The following appears in the event log:
  Faulting application pgadmin3.exe,  version 1.2.0.0,  faulting module libpq.dll,  version 0.0.0.0,  fault address
0x0000ec62.

I don't know whether this has any bearing, but I did a search for
libpq.dll and found multiple copies and versions on my hard disk -
just one in c:\windows\system32 (version 8.0.0.0), but there are also
copies in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\bin and C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\lib (no version info, but both 132,536
bytes), not to mention C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Bin (version
7.3.3.0, 32,768 bytes).

Has anyone encountered this problem?

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals