Re: VACUUM and ANALYZE Follow-Up

От Mage
Тема Re: VACUUM and ANALYZE Follow-Up
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> In any case, it is hard to see how the present behaviour can be seen as
>> desirable.  It obviously causes problems at least for new Postgres
>> users, and we
>> all hope there will be many more of these folks in the future.  Thanks
>> for considering this.  Mark
>

> Uhmmm... analyze or vacuum on an empty table is fairly pointless.
> Those utilities are supposed to be used on tables that have data.
>
> So the answer is, use them on tables that have data.

Every 5th page of the manual says that I should use vacuum analyze
frequently. There are two command line tools for this and another one in
the contrib. I think none of them cares of empty tables.

This issue need to be fixed.

       Mage

Сообщение: Re: VACUUM and ANALYZE Follow-Up
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM and ANALYZE Follow-Up