Re: RC2 installer problem on XP

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: RC2 installer problem on XP
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Speaking of the MSI installer, it basicly sucks, and I can't understant
why all the win32 Postgres software uses it.....

IMHO the best open source Installer available is Inno Setup.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

It can do everything that MSI can do and then some.

I think it's a shame that PG Admin use a Microsoft technology for it's
setup program.

>   If the bloke who wrote the Microsoft Installer or had anything to do
> with the Windows Registry had read this beforehand it would have saved
> us all a lot of headaches.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben

Сообщение: Re: Installation problem with RC2
Сообщение: Re: Installation problem with RC2