Re: Benchmark-Comparison PostGreSQL vs. SQL Server

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Benchmark-Comparison PostGreSQL vs. SQL Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Do we have some sort of document about how caching on windows works? It is
> very simple on linux and BSDs but for other OSs, I haven't seen many
> suggestions.
>
> I am sure OS specific hints would help OP a lot.

Microsoft's own resources are good for this sort of stuff (apologies if
URLs wrap):

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/optimize/wperfch7.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/core/fnec_evl_ACKS.asp

The simplest setting is the simple application/file-sharing switch
detailed in article #2 (which was introduced in NT4 iirc).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd