Re: upgrade from postgres 7.3.2

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: upgrade from postgres 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz] wrote:
> Sarlav ,
>

>>I am new to postgres.
>

> Welcome to the  most powerfull Database system.
>

>>I am looking to upgrade to 7.4.x. Is the upgrade necessary?
>>

> Your upgrade to 7.4.x would be worth in many terms as 7.4. has many
> performance enhancements also if your app uses subquery then 7.4 is advisable.
>

>>If so, which is
>>the most stable version to upgrade to?
>

> 7.4.5

Last version is 7.4.6, you'll find however the doc version for 7.4.5
because doc maintaners say that nothing changed. I still do not understand
why the doc version didn't change, not all postgres users are following the list.
If a new user arrive on www.postgresql.org and it downloads the 7.4.6 engine
I think it's normal look for the 7.4.6 docs, don't you believe ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola