Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/7/2004 8:06 PM, Brian {Hamilton Kelly} wrote:
> On Sunday, in article <2v7e2fF2h9nkcU1@uni-berlin.de>
>      mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com "Mike Cox" wrote:
>
>> Also, he pointed out that for those who want to get the postgresql groups
>> when their usenet sever doesn't carry them, the solution would be to point
>> their newsreaders to news.postgresql.org.
>
> Which only confirms my opinion that he's a fuckwit.

And you think that sort of comment makes your opinion welcome here?

I haven't used usenet news for a few years, and I am shocked by the loss
of quality over there. Certain technical groups used to be very much on
the level of politeness and respect, our mailing lists reflect. If this
is what we can expect if we encourage more ISP's to carry our lists,
then I am strictly for "discouraging". Maybe our goal should not be to
make the PostgreSQL lists available by default on every news server.

Jan