Re: sub-query question

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: sub-query question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
something == otherthing is a boolean expression, you are asking the
database to compare both values, u.color_id is not equal c.color_name,
that's why you get 'f'.

I guess that you want to replace the color_id from users by the
corresponding color_name from colors:

SELECT
    c.color_name, u.name, u.the_date
FROM
    users u
    INNER JOIN colors c ON (u.color_id=c.color_id)
WHERE
    u.color_id = 1
ORDER BY u.the_date DESC LIMIT 1;

If you were trying to do another thing, I'm sorry, I didn't get it :(