Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions
Дата
Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions  (Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On HEAD I actually see that we *are* setting dump_contains as well:

> if (fout->remoteVersion < 90600)
>     dobj->dump = DUMP_COMPONENT_NONE;
> else
>     dobj->dump = ext->dobj.dump_contains & (DUMP_COMPONENT_ACL |
>         DUMP_COMPONENT_SECLABEL | DUMP_COMPONENT_POLICY);

Uh, what?

(BTW, Stephen, what's the point of the version check here?  The 'else'
code seems like it would work just fine in all branches.)

>> So maybe just moving the checkExtensionMembership call to after the other
>> stuff would be enough in HEAD?

> Looking into older versions as well I can't see how placing
> checkExtensionMembership at the end of selectDumpableNamespace would
> help. (like-wise for other selectDumpable's)

The fix in HEAD will necessarily look quite a bit different from
the back branches, I fear.  But the idea I had in mind there was that
we'd calculate a namespace's dump and dump_contains flags as if it
were not an extension member, and then allow checkExtensionMembership
to overwrite the dump flags if it is a member.  Since
checkExtensionMembership doesn't touch the dump_contains flags, that
would leave all the flags in the desired state.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions