Re: system variable can be edited by all user?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: system variable can be edited by all user?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2022-11-22 at 14:25 +0800, chris navarroza wrote:
> Ive created a read only user (SELECT PRIVILEGE) but it turns out that this user
> can do this queries: SHOW work_mem; SET work_mem='40MB'; How do I limit him?

We call these "configuration parameters", and there is no way you can prevent
a database user from changing them for her session.  The recommendation is not
to give untrustworthy users access to directly run SQL statements on the database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe