Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Arthur L. Rubin
Тема Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joseph Daniel Zukiger wrote:

> "Arthur L. Rubin" <ronnirubin@sprintmail.com> wrote in message news:<418F7FD3.156C@sprintmail.com>...
> > Rebecca Ore wrote:
> >
> > > Since they have traffic and are bidirectional, and since he doesn't have
> > > any objections, it looks like creating the groups by fiat would work
> > > just fine and avoid a lot of misinformed "but we didn't ask for this"
> > > squabbling.  Same as with the scrapbook group.
> >
> > It's NOT bidirectional, as I understand it.  Posts to the newsgroup
> > go to the mailing list IF the sender is subcribed -- otherwise, they
> > go to the list owner for (possible) approval.  If the list owner
> > is willing to unmoderate the mailing list, it WOULD be bidirectional.
>
> Marc says he's looking into the setup, to see if he can fix that. I
> think his primary problem is that he wants to devote full time to
> postgresql development. He's part of the core team, as I recall.
>
> > So -- either the list owner must unmoderate the mailing list,
> > or the groups must be moderated.
>
> A moderationg policy of no SPAM should be sufficient, right?
>
> > I see no reasonable third
> > option.  Under the circumstances, I'm not sure I'd accept
> > Marc as moderator on the Usenet side.
>
> Would a group of moderaters to help Marc carry the load be
> appropriate? Or would it be preferable to not have Marc moderating
> posts from usenet at all? (I'm thinking you mean the former.)

Actually, I meant the latter, if (as it appears) he is responsible
for and unrepentant about the lists being gated to Usenet in
the first place.  But it's too early in the process for that to
be my final conclusion.

--
This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me