Installing pgbench

От Pallav Kalva
Тема Installing pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi  Everybody,

      I am having problems while installing pgbench program. I followed
the below procedure to install according to the docs:

(1) Configure and build the standard Postgres distribution.

     You can get away with just running configure at the top level
     and doing "make all" in src/interfaces/libpq.

 (2) Run make in this directory.

     You will see an executable file "pgbench".  You can run it here,
     or install it with the standard Postgres programs by doing
     "make install".

After running ./configure at the postgres source tree as root I went to
src/interfaces/libpq and did  'make all'
but i got the following error --> make: Nothing to be done for `all'

am I  missing something simple here ? or is the way i am doins i s wrong ?

can anyone please help me with this problem ?

BTW: I am running this on postgres 8.0.4 beta and red hat linux 9

Thanks!
Pallav