Re: good exception handling archiecutre

От
Тема Re: good exception handling archiecutre
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi VBI,

DBLINK was a great idea. I have written the code to do that and it works perfectly.

Regards,
Atul Goel

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Adrian von Bidder
Sent: 16 August 2010 12:27
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] good exception handling archiecutre

Heyho!

[[ logging from postgres ]]

I think you can use dblink to do this - everything you do via dblink happens in a separate db session and so it
shouldn'tbe affected by what happens in your transaction.

Depending on your requirements, system resources may be an issue though (you're opening a full additional db session.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Although this syntax is required by the SQL standard, it's not clear what the standard expects it to do, except that
it'smost likely not what we were doing.

Сообщение: Re: good exception handling archiecutre