Re: Gborg down?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Gborg down?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Ya well, its not something I'm particularly proud about ...
>
> Stupid question for someone running Linux ... is this standard
> behaviour that I've been lucky never to hit before, or is this
> something that Linux deals with slightly more intelligently?

Well in linux you would do something like this:

ifconfig <dev>

If you want an alias it is:

ifconfig <dev>:<alias>

If you don't specify a parameter such as up it will just display the
current config.
If there is no current config it just display the default.

So in short, no Linux will not do what you ran into. At least not in the
same manner.

On any init.d based Linux system (gentoo, redhat, suse) the only thing I
have found
really annoying is that it doesn't confirm for the following:

/etc/init.d/network stop

I have more than once, really late at night typed that command when
meaning to be

/etc/init.d/sendmail stop

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Вложения