Re: vacuum analyze slows sql query

От Doug Y
Тема Re: vacuum analyze slows sql query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Given that the plan doesn't change after an analyze, my guess would be that the first query is hitting cached data,
then
  you vacuum and that chews though all the cache with its own data pushing the good data out of the cache so it has to
be re-fetched from disk.

If you run the select a 2nd time after the vacuum, what is the time?

Not sure what your pkk_offer_has_pending_purch function does, that might be something to look at as well.

I could be wrong, but thats the only thing that makes sense to me. ARC is supposed to help with that type of behavior
in8.0